1. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
2. “Go.” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
3. The sentence “the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” uses every letter in the English language.
4. The word racecar and kayak are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left.
5. The longest word in the English language is 1909 letters long and it refers to a distinct part of DNA.
6. The longest one-syllable word in the English language is “screeched.”
7. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
8. “Dreamt” is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt”.
9. “Stewardesses” is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
10. The “sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick” is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
11. The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
12. The symbol on the “pound” key (#) is called an octothorpe.
13. The word “set” has more definitions than any other word in the English language.
14. The longest place-name still in use is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwe-nuakit natahu, a New Zealand hill.
15. The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
16. Facetious and abstemious contain all the vowels in the correct order, as does arsenious, meaning “containing arsenic.”
18. Skepticisms is the longest word that alternates hands when typing.
19. “The” is the most frequently used word in the English language (used three times in this sentence alone).
20. There are six words in the English language with the letter combination “uu.” Muumuu, vacuum, continuum, duumvirate, duumvir and residuum.
21. “Rhythms” is the longest English word without vowels.
22. “Queueing” is the only word with five consecutive vowels.
23. “W” is the only letter in the alphabet that does not have one syllable. It has three!
24. “Deeded” is the only word that is made using only two different letters, each used three times.
25. The only words with three consecutive double letters are “bookkeeping” and “bookkeeper”.